Our Crew Program Aims to Enable Young Adults To:
- Experience a program that is fun and full of challenge and adventure.
- Acquire skills in the area of their crew’s specialty.
- Become a skilled training and program resource for other youth groups.
- Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on leadership roles.
- Learn to make ethical choices throughout their lives by instilling the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and fun environment.
Our Charter Organization
Our unit is chartered by Safe America Foundation out of Marietta, Georgia. The Safe America Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit chartered in 1994, with headquarters in suburban Atlanta. The foundation partners with corporate, government, public and private sector organizations, and other nonprofits to save lives by emphasizing safety education and emergency preparedness. Their mission is to be the voice of safety, helping to keep people safe.
Our Meeting Time & Location
Crew 2319 meets on the second Monday of the month from 8:00 pm – 9:00pm at Unity North Atlanta in the Chapel on the lower level of the Sanctuary Building. Address is 4255 Sandy Plains Rd, Marietta, GA 30066
Our Adult Crew Advisor
Aaron Ripley has a passion for the outdoors and working with young adults. Aaron was a Boy Scout as a youth and earned his Eagle Scout award in 1989. Aaron has been a Scout Leader since 2000. He has served in Scouting as a Den Leader, Assistant Cubmaster, Cubmaster, and Assistant Scoutmaster prior to assuming duties as Crew Advisor in 2019. Aaron has also been a high adventure trip advisor for a Florida Sea Base (keys scuba diving) crew and a Northern Tier (boundary waters canoeing) crew.